Monday, January 9, 2012

Easy Butterscotch Bars

I love these bars because they are so easy to make; only five ingredients and very little clean-up involved! :)

These are perfect if you need to whip up something fast to take to a get-together or just when you've got a hankering for something sweet. I made these tonight and from start to finish it only took me a little over 30 minutes, and a large part of that was waiting for them to bake.

I don't make these very often, simply because I don't want to be tempted to eat the whole pan. Okay, more like half the pan; with four brothers around there wouldn't be time to get the whole pan down! :) 



Easy Butterscotch Bars

1 cup melted butter
1 3/4 cups sucanat, rapadura or brown sugar (I only used 1 1/2 cups)
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla 
1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup of spelt and 1/2 cup of unbleached white)
Stir melted butter and sucanat together.  Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.  Stir in flour and mix until well combined.  Pour batter into a 9×13 inch baking pan.  Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
HINT: For a twist, you could also throw in about 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips. Mmmm! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment