Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year...A New Blog

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that 2011 is past.

In 2011, I...

-Experienced firsthand all the work that goes into a grocery store grand re-opening (I never realized before all the little details that go into making a store work).

-Rejoiced over God's salvation of my oldest brother, Joshua.

-Began to overcome my fear of playing the piano for congregations in order to be available to bless my church family (I'm still working on that one).

-Switched jobs and started my own housecleaning business.

-Experienced more challenges with my health and was reminded again that my strength is only in Christ, not in my physical abilities.

As I look over the past year, I see many areas where I could have put my time to better use. By God's grace, I intend to work on that in 2012.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. 
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, 
unless it abides in the vine, 
neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 
I am the vine, you are the branches. 
He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; 
for without Me you can do nothing." 
-John 15:4-5

"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; 
but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind
 and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 
I press toward the goal for the prize 
of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." 
-Philippians 3:13-14 

P.S. Welcome to my new blog! Be patient, it's under construction; just like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment