Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trip to GA: Day 1 - Travel and Shopping

On Wednesday, April 4th, I flew from Maine to Georgia. I am always left in awe after viewing the vastness of God's creation from the air. Our God is an awesome God and He reigns and rules over all!

"Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.

Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."
-Psalm 90:1-2

View from the window of my plane.

Ruth & James picked me up at the Atlanta airport (which is HUGE by the way) and took me to the neighborhood where James grew up. We enjoyed a nice walk in the warm weather and I had the chance to get to know James a little better. Ruth had told me a lot about him, but this was the first time we had met.  

James & Ruth
Enjoying time with my life-long friend and sister, Ruth.
Then we had supper together and discussed their plans for moving to Samoa next month. 

Doc Chey's Noodle House where I had supper with Ruth & James my first night
A parking space reserved for Dogs? Hmmm... :)

After supper we went to Trader Joe's to pick up supplies to make Shish Kabobs (200 of them) for the reception on Saturday. I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere there! :)

A sign at Trader Joe's
Ruth & James choosing veggies

This sweet lady was our cashier and allowed me to take her picture.
When the cashier found out I was visiting from Canada,
she gave me this bag as a souvenir. :)  

She also gave Ruth a beautiful bouquet of flowers;
then rang a bell and announced the wedding to the whole store. :) 

James preparing to pay the bill. 
Now, that wasn't so bad! :)


Shopping done. Check. :) 
James & Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment